I had an accident in work, injuring my ankle

I had an accident in work, injuring my ankle. I was left with swelling and bruising. Can I make a compensation claim against my employer?

One Response to “I had an accident in work, injuring my ankle”

If your accident at work was as a result of your employer’s negligence or a breach of any workplace regulations a good solicitor can bring a claim against them for compensation. You normally have 3 years from when you sustained your injury to make your claim, therefore you need to bare this in mind when seeking out legal aid for the accident compensation claims process. This only applies if you were over 18 at the time of the accident. If you were not, the 3 years do not start to run until your 18th birthday. Accidentcompensation.co.uk is not a legal firm, however, so it is advisable to contact a good solicitor who will confirm whether you are entitled to compensation.